Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rewind : Pumpkins, Bento, and Wax Figures

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to catch you up on what I've been up to for the past few days. I promise I've been doing a whole lot more than just putting random mood boards together! Haha Anyway, how was your weekend?

I felt like I was on vacation this weekend, and it was so great. Definitely one of the best weekends I've had so far. I celebrated my first birthday in New York this Saturday and I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends from home here with me. We were packed with things to do, but they were all really relaxing and fun at the same time :) Here's a bit of a camera roll recap.

Started off at The Grey Dog for brunch. One of my favorite little eateries in Chelsea so far!


Next was the Chelsea Market and the High Line. The weather was perfect!


Made a stop at the Rockefeller Center and saw THE tree being put up. Lots of scaffolding, but it will be decorated soon! (Lighting is November 30th and I can't wait!) Also, some shopping occurred while there and an Anthropologie stop was a must! Look at how great these lamps are! Made out of randomly dipped wooden paint mixers. Such a cute, clever and cheap idea! I'm definitely keeping this one stored in my brain for future projects.


Had an awesome dinner at Elmo, and fabulous dessert at Sweet Revenge, which was packed so we ate quickly and then went to an adorable bakery called Molly's cupcakes. There are swings for chairs and they have an entire wall full of board and card games. (We played a really slow mindless game of UNO while chit chatting). Much later was the Empire State Building. It was very very windy, but needless to say the view was amazing.


Sunday I had my first bento box lunch! It was very delicious. Compliments to Ajisen Ramen for the tasty food and for being located conveniently across the street from where I live. Yes, the definitely know my face there and I am guilty of being a regular there, never to have ordered a bento box lunch. There will be more in the future for sure!

Afterwards we went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum. I'll own up to it and say that I was a little freaked out at first, but then it was all good fun. Many photos were taken and I'm so glad that we went. I'm sure you know who all of the famous oldies I'm sharing with you are right? Well in case you don't for some reason: The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, and of course, Marilyn Monroe. Now I can say I've been to one of those crazy wax museums!


I had the best time, and I want to thank all of my friends here from far and wide that made it possible :) Now, back to work. Another update will hopefully be sooner than later!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...