Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Taking Note : Innovate and Decorate!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was definitely eventful. I took a short trip to Brooklyn to help my dear friend Liz move into her new place! I also want to give her another shout-out and congratulate her once more for her new job as a sign artist at Trader Joes! She graduated with me at SCAD and majored in Illustration.  I'm so proud of you!  I also checked out the Farmer's market in Unions Square this weekend, which was amazing. So many yummy foods and interesting people around.

Today was the first day I climbed my three flights of stairs and hit the 4th floor unexpectedly because I actually wasn't out of breath!  Talk about success.  Today the VP of design at Martha made my day. He introduced me to a girl who I've heard, but never met. I say "heard" because she sits a row behind me and she has the greatest southern accent. All I could think to myself was, I have to meet her at some point to share my common bond of being a southerner with her!  When I was introduced to her, the exact words used were "Andrea, come meet your cousin!"  Loved it.  She is from Mississippi, practically from Alabama because she rests on the state line.  It was so nice chatting with her, and made me nostalgic for home.

Speaking of home, now that I'm away and have my own, I've been paying a lot more attention to nifty ideas for future reference. I love repurposing old things.  It's a lot cheaper than buying something new, and always adds so much character to a space.  Right now I can't do too much to my place, but when the time comes, here are some really clever ideas I'm keeping in mind!

Ikea wheels on an old crate for magazine storage
Love the old door in the back corner! 
I know, more storage for books, but I have so many books! And what's better than repurposing an old spool? Very clever.
These are paper covered shoe box lids.  Cheap and very cute for adding some color and fun to a space.
lastly, old drawers used as little display shelves. So adorable!

{click images for source}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...