Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Precious Little Treasure

A couple days ago, my mom was doing a clean sweep at our lake house and found this precious little treasure that I hadn't seen since I was a little girl. A music box. This music box used to have a small bear on the front with thin lace ribbon around the edges, which is now missing. I'm not sure what happened to those elements, but anyhow, I still love it. It plays "Jesus Loves Me", and my mom said she used to play it when she put me down to sleep. When she handed it to me, I wound it up, and as the music begin to play, I smiled. I sat there and held it until it stopped playing, examining every inch of it I could. I love everything about this little keepsake. I love the song, the lace, the colors, and the pattern. All of these elements, the elements that are remaining, not only give it a nostalgic, vintage feel, but memory and meaning.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...